Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration Unit
When the water inside the chilled/L.T. water system isn’t treated regularly, important properties like pH, alkalinity and hardness of the water get out of balance. In case pH and alkalinity are below recommended ranges, the metal corrosion rate increases which may result in costly damage to the chilled water system. In case pH and alkalinity are above recommended ranges, the chance of scale formation increases, which affects heat transfer efficiency and temperature regulation. Particles in the chilled/L.T. water may also cause wear to components or block narrow pipes. Furthermore, the buildup of micro bubbles can have an adverse effect on the heat transfer efficiency as well.
Our filtration solution
The chilled/L.T. water filtration unit prevents these problems by performing a filtration technology, which offers:
- Advanced side stream filtration to < 5 μm
- Corrosion inhibition by regulating pH levels
- Scale control
- Restriction of bacterial growth
- Air separation
- Improved heat transfer efficiency
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced wear to components (extended equipment lifetime)
- Reduced service & maintenance costs
- Blockages and impingements are eliminated
- Protects and prevents system from corrosion
- Improved temperature regulation
- Reduced environmental impact compared with chemical alternatives
- No nutrient sources for bacteria/microorganisms
- Reduced lifecycle maintenance costs = Improved profits
This technology is actually very cost effective in three ways:
This extensive filtration technology drastically improves water quality inside the chilled/L.T. water system, resulting in significant improvements in both system efficiency and heat transfer efficiency.
2.Reduced service and maintenance costs
The unit is low maintenance and requires less man hours:
- There’s no need to frequently flush the system
- You don’t have to check and dose chemicals
- You don’t have to deal with the logistical challenges and costs of actually getting the chemicals onboard
3.Prolonged life span of equipment
Thanks to the improved water quality, deterioration of expensive equipment in your system is prevented.
Quick installation by a Heinen & Hopman service engineer
The chilled/L.T. water filtration unit can be installed whilst the system is in operation in less than a day. A qualified Heinen & Hopman service engineer provides full commissioning and a maintenance training for the vessel’s engineers.
More information about the Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration Unit
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about our chilled/L.T. water filtration unit. Our skilled engineers are eager to explain the possibilities for your vessel.
Download the Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration Unit brochure for detailed information and technical specifications.
Looking for a custom solution?
Don’t hesitate to contact us for advice for your specific needs.