|Country of delivery||The Netherlands|
|Name vessel||Tarik Ben Ziyad|
|Owner||Royal Moroccan Navy|
|Shipyard||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
HVAC | SIGMA Frigate 10513
Tarik Ben Ziyad is a SIGMA-class frigate of 105 meters in length; it was built by Damen Schelde Naval shipbuilding for the Royal Moroccan Navy in 2010. It is designed to conduct the traditional naval tasks as well as maritime security operations.
- Technical challenges (among others)
- Shock, vibration and EMC requirements
- Vulnerability requirements for certain systems
- Space constraints for the routing of spiro pipes systems, ducts and pipes
- Cooling of equipment for combat purposes
- Hangar ventilation
- Engineering a Citadel arrangement to keep the vessel safe from nuclear, biological and chemical attacks, if required in the near future (system not installed)
- Every document and drawing needed to be produced in the French language
Heinen & Hopman was responsible for the engineering, supply, installation and commissioning of the whole HVAC system, PCP systems and the NBC Filtration onboard.